Memories are the best gifts! Experience gifts let you do that for the holidays & year-round. When you give an experience gift instead of physical items, you can make memories long after the wrapping hits the floor.
Gifting family experiences, like a getaway, an annual membership to a great local attraction, or buying tickets for a fun family show or adventure also helps to reduce clutter and allow for an enjoyable, eco-friendly celebration without all the excess packaging. Enjoy all that British Columbia has to offer, stop the accumulation of clutter, get your family moving, and enjoy the luxury of spending time together!
This holiday season, gift the experience of the pristine beaches and amazing wildlife of Pacific Rim National Park at the oceanfront Best Western Plus Tin Wis Resort! Located on the peaceful and scenic Mackenzie Beach in Tofino off BC's Clayoquot Sound, the Tin Wis Resort offers the perfect accommodations for outdoor lovers with world-class hiking, deep-sea fishing, paddle boarding, surfing, hot springs, canoeing, and kayaking at your doorstep. Families especially enjoy watching for whales and bears through one of the area's spectacular guided wilderness tours. We love that all rooms have guaranteed ocean views, guests can enjoy the ocean view hot tub and the brand new on-site gym, and their new on-site restaurant, Browns Socialhouse, offers an indulgent hot buffet breakfast and convenient lunch & dinner options!
Give the gift of being able to practice bike skills all year long! At over 60,000 square feet, the new North Shore Bike Park is the largest indoor bike park in BC. With pump tracks, a street zone, 3 levels of jump lines, birthday party rooms, an airbag zone, and rental bikes available, it's an indoor biking paradise. And there's always something to do at North Shore Bike Park even if you never get on a bike! The Park’s vision is to be for all cyclists, a community centre, a hangout, a place of learning and fun, and generally a place to appreciate the lifestyle of cycling. And in and out privileges all day if you keep your wristband on! We also love that they have a food court, air conditioning, underground parking, free wifi, and a well-stocked pro shop. Gift North Shore Bike Park lessons or gift cards to the biking enthusiasts in your family this holiday season!
Have an aspiring rock star on your list? Give them the chance to shine where music students grow into real musicians! School of Rock is a music school for all skill levels, ages (toddlers to adults), and musical aspirations. Their revolutionary program combines 1-on-1 instruction with group band practices and fosters a passion for music performance. Rock 101 is one of School of Rock's top programs for kids and beginners where students have a weekly group rehearsal to learn to play classic rock songs and a weekly private music lesson to learn concepts and skills behind their performance songs. And they also offer amazing kids camps during the winter, spring, and summer breaks! We love that School of Rock is centrally located near Cambie & Broadway in Vancouver and students can choose from guitar, bass guitar, drums, singing, keyboard, or piano lessons!
Explore our city while solving a mystery with Vancouver Mysteries Games! Do you want to be spies, detectives, superheroes, or ghost hunters? If you're looking for an outdoor activity in downtown Vancouver, their 5 outdoor mystery games are a unique way to explore the city, including one for families with younger kids aged 6+. We love that there is no app to download and no screen time involved, just fresh air and hands-on real fun, which is why Vancouver Mysteries Games was recently voted Best Adventure Tour Company by Best of Vancouver 2023! The experienced leaders start your story and provide you with everything you need to solve your mystery, including a map, clues, artifacts, and tools. Vancouver Mysteries Games gift certificates are the perfect gift for mystery-loving families this holiday season!
Gnarly’s Snow Tube Park at Cypress Mountain is a blast for the whole family and one of our favourite annual family activities! With up to 6 chutes roughly 100 meters long and a tube tow to do all the work of bringing you back to the top, all you have to do is sit down and enjoy the thrill of the ride. Note: You must be 42" tall or age 6+ to visit Gnarly’s Tube Park! With the best winter skiing & riding in Vancouver, Canada's most popular cross-country skiing area, a huge snow tubing park, and Lights to the Lodge snowshoeing, Cypress Mountain truly offers something for everyone - only 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver.
Arrowwood Games is a brand new tabletop game store in Squamish, BC! Board games, role-playing games, trading-card games, miniatures, dice, puzzles, gifts, toys, and so much more. In an increasingly digital world focused on screens, tabletop games help us to unplug, unwind, and spend time together. Give the gift of time together by joining in on one or more of the community events at Arrowwood Games! Game nights, learn-to-play workshops, puzzle competitions, Dungeons & Dragons campaigns, and creative hobby workshops are just some of the creative & engaging events you’ll find in store.
EXPERIENCE GIFTS FOR
METRO VANCOUVER kids & FAMILIES
- Discover mountain adventures at the Sea to Sky Gondola
- Explore underground at Britannia Mine Museum
- Brave a 70 m high walk at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
- Enter the magical world of horses & horse care with the Unicorn Club
- Explore life on the farm at Maplewood Farm in North Vancouver
- Enjoy a drive-in movie with yummy snacks at the Twilight Drive-In in Langley
- Do a Virtual Family Paint Night with YayMaker
- Explore a miniature city & indoor playground at Kidtropolis in Richmond
- Nature-loving families can enjoy a family membership to NatureKidsBC
- Are the kids climbing the walls? Get them a membership to The Hive Climbing Gym
- Cheer on the Vancouver Canucks or the Vancouver Giants
- Take a workshop together at 4Cats
- Try Parkour at Origins Parkour in Vancouver & Port Moody
- Brave tightropes, climbing up cargo nets, sliding down zip lines & more at WildPlay
- Support bird rehabilitation at George C. Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary
- Build circus skills at Vancouver Circus School
- Learn about the sea and the ships that sail it at the Maritime Museum
- Have a tea party at Neverland Tea Salon, Secret Garden Tea Company, or La Petite Cuillère
- Connect with nature at VanDusen Gardens
- Science their socks off at Science World
- Explore outer space at the H.R. Macmillan Space Centre
- Take bigger kids white-water rafting
- Go whale watching
- Take an Online Art Class together at Collage Collage
- Family bowling night out
- Go behind the scenes at the Greater Vancouver Zoo
- Snuggle up with adoptable furry friends at the Catfe or Bunny Cafe
- Head up to the Peak of Vancouver at Grouse Mountain to see the World Famous Lumberjack Show and the awe-inspiring Birds in Motion demonstration
EXPERIENCE GIFTS FOR METRO VANCOUVER ADULTS
- Drive a race car with Breakaway Experiences
- Go for a Vespa adventure with ZOOM ZOOM Bowen
- Expand your culinary horizons with the Dumplings Masterclass
- Expand your tea knowledge with a Guided Tea Tasting
- Enjoy a staycation at Skwachàys Lodge, Canada's first Indigenous Arts Hotel
- Spooky stories live year-round at the Vancouver Police Museum with Movies in the Morgue
- For those who love the great outdoors, try snorkeling with salmon on Vancouver Island
- Soar over BC's Alpine Lakes and Glaciers with Harbour Air
- Catch a bite on Joe's BBQ Boat
- Explore the stunning wineries of the Fraser Valley with Beyond Bubbles Wine Tours
- Get in touch with your senses at Dark Table restaurant
- Seadoo over to Bowen Island for dinner
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!