After being closed for more than three months, the Vancouver Aquarium re-opened to the public this past Friday, June 26th, 2020, thanks to an outpouring of community support.
Every ticket purchased over the coming weeks & months will help ensure the future of the not-for-profit Vancouver Aquarium, and of Ocean Wise’s research, conservation, education and animal rescue work.
Safety of visitors, staff and animals remains the Vancouver Aquarium’s top priority. They have been hard at work during their closure to re-invent the Aquarium we know and love into a safe and exciting new experience for all.
In accordance with Government guidelines, the Vancouver Aquarium is offering a new, time-ticketed, one-way flow experience that will allow visitors to encounter the wonder of our ocean, safely and in a crowd-free setting.
What To Know Before You Go
- Non-medical masks are mandatory for all visitors (excluding children under the age of 3). If you don’t already have a mask, you can purchase one when you arrive at the Aquarium.
- Visitors and Members must reserve tickets online, in advance. Tickets are date and time specific to control the number of people in the Aquarium at one time.
- Guests will be given approximately 1.5 hours to follow a one-way flow through six-zones and 86 indoor and outdoor exhibits on the Vancouver Aquarium’s main level (the lower level of the Vancouver Aquarium will be closed during the initial opening phase).
- No cash will be accepted onsite. Credit and debit only.
- Visitors who are unwell, or who are displaying signs of COVID-19, will not be permitted entry.
Enhanced safety measures
In the initial weeks of opening, visitors to the Vancouver Aquarium will be reduced to approximately 20-to-30% of normal capacity to allow for safe physical distancing.
Hand sanitizing stations and physical distancing measures and signage are in place throughout the Aquarium.
The Vancouver Aquarium has increased cleaning and sanitization procedures. High traffic areas will receive increased spot cleaning.
Interactive exhibits have been removed.
Plexiglass barriers have been installed at service areas.
Visitor maps will be available online only.
Storage lockers will not be accessible at this time.
All staff members have received training to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
All Vancouver Aquarium staff members will wear non-medical masks when interacting with visitors.
Click HERE for answers to FAQ about the Vancouver Aquarium re-opening.
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!