Father's Day is almost here and it's time to find something fun & active to do together as a family! Something that doesn't take the whole day and leaves time for Dad to do something special in the afternoon - maybe a bbq, or just some relaxation time.
We've got a great suggestion! Why not do The Father's Day Walk/Run For Prostate Cancer together?
The course is on a peaceful, tranquil trail around Burnaby Lake, one of the most beautiful walking/running trails in the Lower Mainland. There is a distance & pace for everyone: a Tot Run, 2 km stroll, 5 km walk or 10 km chip-timed run.
This amazing Father’s Day event takes place Sunday, June 16th, 2019 at the Burnaby Lake Rowing Pavilion!
The Father’s Day Walk/Run is an annual event held in several communities across B.C. This year will mark the 21st year of the event! The Run offers an opportunity to honour the prostate cancer survivors in your life, promote awareness of the number one cancer for men, and raise money to help find a cure. In 2018 alone, $150,000 was awarded to 3 recipients in Vancouver to continue to fund research.
2019 Walk/Run Schedule:
- Start time for the Tot Run is 9:30 am, followed by the warm-up and a special guest to start the race.
- Start time for the Walk/Run is 10:00 am
- After the Walk/Run (starting at 10:30 am) there will be more onstage entertainment, a full free barbeque lunch, prizes and more.
- This year everyone will be running and walking to the classic tunes of the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s brought to you by Jam Faktory!
You can pre-register, pick up your t-shirt, bibs and hand in any pledges at the following times and places:
- Wednesday June 12th and Thursday June 13th 10 am – 3 pm
Prostate Cancer Foundation BC #4 17918 55th Avenue Surrey BC
- Wednesday June 12th 6 pm – 8 pm
Running Room Langley #6185 200th St Langley, BC
Donations can be made HERE . See you at the run!
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!