If you've never been snowshoeing at Cypress Mountain's Lights To The Lodge, this is definitely the year to try it. Imagine exploring a wintery forest wonderlandunder the gentle glow of thousands of fairy lights. The experience is memorable whether you bring the family or have an outdoor date night. Lights To The Lodge is a safe and easy one-kilometre snowshoe trek to the historic Hollyburn Lodge along a self-guided trail through the enchanting Old Growth Forest.
The trail is lit with LED lights strung sustainably through the forest boughs of ancient Cedar, Fir and Hemlock trees. After enjoying your visit to the Lodge grab, a snack or refreshment before the snowshoe back to the base area along the return trail. This invigorating family -friendly trek will is a great way to spend a winter evening! Below you'll find our tips for maximizing family fun at Cypress Mountain!
Our Tips on Maximizing Family Fun at Cypress Mountain's Light To The Lodge:
- BOOK ONLINE: on the Cypress Mountain website (quick & easy!) Lights To The Lodge is open from 4PM - 9:30PM nightly. They have snowshoe rentals for all sizes.
- CHECK CONDITIONS: Before you head up to the mountain on the day of your booking, check their Nordic Conditions page for most up to date conditions report and operating hours.
- DRESS WARM: Wear warm, waterproof and breathable clothing. Don't forget mitts or gloves.
- ARRIVE EARLY: Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your time slot to ensure you have enough time to do the full loop and enjoy Hollyburn Lodge!.
- SHARE YOUR MEMORIES: Post your experience on social media tagging @cypressmountain & @hflvancouver #lightstothelodge #cypressmountain #hollyburnlodge
- NO PETS: Dogs and Cats are not allowed on the Lights to the Lodge trails
- HOT CHOCOLATE: Bring a thermos of hot chocolate to enjoy on the trail, or grab a hot drink & quick bite at the Hollyburn Lodge mid loop.
- BOOK AGAIN: When you're back at home, book your next Cypress Mountain snow adventure. We've already booked ours!
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!