Let’s celebrate! There are many celebrations this throughout the year and chances to raise a glass with loved ones. We have pulled together some delicious fancy mocktail recipes for you to try! These are fantastic on their own or easily made into a cocktail.
What is a mocktail?
A mocktail is a celebratory “fancy drink” without alcohol.
Mocktails are perfect for including the kids into the celebrations, for designated drivers, pregnant guests and non-drinkers. There is no reason why you can’t be festive and inclusive (and healthier) without being boring!
Here are some of our favourite healthy, fun & festive holiday mocktail drinks to try:
Festive Holiday Mocktails
Berry Little Christmas
You will need:
- 3 oz LaCroix Cran-Raspberry
- 1 oz. Pomegranate Juice
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fill a tall “Collins” glass with ice.
- Pour pear cider over the ice, followed by the elder-flower cordial.
- Top off the glass with sparking mineral water. Garnish with lots fresh mint leaves & a plenty of lime.
- to change to a cocktail substitute prosecco for the pear cider and St-Germain liqueur for the Elder Flower syrup.
Slow Cooker Apple Cider
You will need:
- 1 litre good quality apple juice (unfiltered is better)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- whip cream (optional to be really decadent)
- Put apple cider into the slow cooker & add juice and spices.
- Heat until warm, approx. 1 hour (can set to high for 15 min to speed things up)
- Pour into mugs and top with dash of cinnamon or whip cream & enjoy. Use a travel mug and head out with the family to play Christmas light Bingo!
- Add 1 oz rum or brandy to each mug to change to a cocktail.
Co-founder of Healthy Family Media and the Healthy Family Expo, Kay is an adventurer & Ironman triathlete, as well as mum to an active 11-year-old. Originally from Montreal, she has been proud to call British Columbia home for over 15 years. Whether running, hiking & biking in the mountains or creating healthy meals in the kitchen, Kay is always up for something new. Her contagious enthusiasm & zest for life mean we’re never quite sure what she’ll be up to next, but we’re sure that it will be an amazing adventure!