Are you ready to explore the world of bubble tea in Metro Vancouver?
Bubble tea, also known as boba or pearl milk tea, is a popular Taiwanese drink made with tea, milk, and chewy tapioca balls known as bubbles or boba. It’s a delicious and unique beverage that has become a favorite around the world. If you’re new to bubble tea, this post is for you! We’ll cover the basics of bubble tea and provide tips on how to make your own. Ready to learn more? Let’s get started!
How to Order bubble tea
New to ordering bubble tea? Don't worry, it 's easy! Here's a step-by-step guide to help you out:
- Choose your favorite bubble tea shop.
- Choose the type of bubble tea you want. You can usually choose between milk tea, fruit tea, or black tea.
- Select the flavor of tea you want.
- Select the sweetness level. You can usually choose between regular, less sweet, or no sugar.
- Choose the milk you'd like. Options usually include skim milk, whole milk, almond milk, oat milk, and more.
- Choose your toppings. Most bubble tea shops offer tapioca pearls, popping boba, jelly, pudding, and more.
15 Must Try Bubble Teas in Metro Vancouver
- Boba Bear (Vancouver): Boba Bear is a popular bubble tea spot known for its classic teas and creative tea-based drinks. They feature fresh ingredients and offer a variety of toppings like boba, popping boba, jellies, and more.
- Chatime (Burnaby): This Taiwanese-style bubble tea chain offers a wide selection of bubble teas, including classic and fruity flavors. They also have slushies and smoothies as well as an array of toppings.
- Gong Cha (Vancouver): Gong Cha is a popular bubble tea chain that serves up a variety of teas, juices, and smoothies. They have a wide variety of toppings, including boba, popping boba, and jelly.
- Sharetea (Richmond): Sharetea is a Taiwanese bubble tea chain that offers unique drinks like the "Cheese Tea" and "Fruit Tea". They also have classic flavors like oolong and green tea, as well as toppings like boba and popping boba.
- Bubble World (Burnaby): Bubble World is a local chain that specializes in bubble tea. They offer classic flavors as well as sweet and fruity options, and a variety of toppings like boba, popping boba, and jelly.
- Mr. Moustache (Vancouver): Mr. Moustache is a small bubble tea shop with quality products made mostly with fresh fruits and milk and delicious desserts.
- Pearl Fever (Surrey): Bubble tea taken to the next leve! Talk to one of their bubble tea experts to find something right just for you like matcha-oreo ice cream and mango ice cream creations
- Happy Lemon (Richmond): Happy Lemon is a popular bubble tea chain that offers both classic and unique tea-based drinks. Try the most refreshing tea in Metro Vancouver!
- Boketto Tea Bar (Vancouver): Located on SE Marine Drive, this cafe offers a variety of bubble tea and milk tea flavors, as well as soft serve icecream creations like the milk tea sundae.
- Chun Yang (Richmond): Chun Yang is a popular bubble tea spot in Richmond, and is ultimately a modern time milk tea made with traditional tea recipes originating from the 1800s.
- Tea Shop 168 (Burnaby): Tea Shop 168 is a well-known bubble tea spot in Burnaby. They are known for their creative flavors, such as matcha coconut, watermelon green tea and chocolate lava and they are the first tea shop with an augmented reality game!.
- Tapioca Express (Coquitlam): Tapioca Express is a bubble tea chain, with several locations in Metro Vancouver. They offer a wide selection of drinks, including their signature bubble teas, smoothies and snow teas.
- Coco Fresh Tea & Juice (Surrey): Coco Fresh Tea & Juice is a bubble tea shop in Surrey. They have a variety of flavors, including the popular mango and taro and a new passion honey jelly!
- Machi Machi (Richmond): Absolutely adorable and delicious! Try the Black Tea with Cream Foam and Pearls or tea in a cute bottle with panna cotta
- The Alley (Vancouver): The Alley is a new hybrid destination where bubble tea and unique coffee blends meet. They even make their own sugar cane syrup and tapioca!
There are so many great experiences in Metro Vancouver! Enjoy!
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!