Our family loves movie night (here are some family movie suggestions by age) and since it’s such an important part of the movie- watching experience, here is a yummy popcorn shaker recipe, perfect to add some zing to your kernels. It’s super easy and you only need a few ingredients.
Popcorn Shaker Recipe
- glass herb jar with a perforated lid in a pinch a salt or pepper shaker with larger holes will work
- 1 tbsp dry dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil this gets drizzled on the popcorn before the shaker seasoning but doesn’t get mixed with the dry ingredients
- Mix the seasonings together and use a funnel to pour them into a shaker (great if you’re making larger batches). You can also simply sprinkle the seasoning mix with your fingers, tossing the popcorn as you do to distribute it.
- Toss the popcorn kernels in some melted butter or coconut oil so the seasoning sticks to the popcorn and doesn’t just fall to the bottom of the bowl (the worst!).
- Serve in individual bowls or one large communal bowl for your family’s next movie night and enjoy!
Heather is a Toronto born mama of two whose parenting journey has taken her family coast to coast across Canada. When she’s not whipping up recipes for the Healthy Family Living website or sharing the latest fun Vancouver events on HFL’s Facebook page, she’s a freelance writer that has recently been published in an anthology entitled BIG, as well as in the Huffington Post, as she and her hubby of 13 years attempt to keep up with their two spirited girls and 3 fur babies!