Metro Vancouver has so much to offer families in the outdoors and Spring Break is a great time to take advantage of it rain or shine! Some of the suggestions on our list require admission tickets that MUST BE BOOKED ONLINE AHEAD OF TIME. Be sure to visit the websites and find out the Covid precautions and protocols before you go.
outdoor SPRING BREAK ACTIVITIES FOR METRO VANCOUVER FAMILIES
Gnarly's Tube Park at Cypress Mountain offers the thrill of tubing with a fantastic rope tow back up to the top. Enjoy this outdoor memory-making fun as a family with up to 6 people from your household! Tubing opening hours: 10 am - 4 pm Wednesday through Sunday. And the sliding hill for younger kids is also open Wednesday - Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm. Pre-booking is required!
Looking for amazing playgrounds in Metro Vancouver? Active kids are happy kids and having fun as a family makes everyone feel great. We have some great ideas of playgrounds to take your family to for your next outdoor play adventure. Which will you choose?
indoor SPRING BREAK ACTIVITIES FOR METRO VANCOUVER FAMILIES
Rock climbing: it's not just for thrill-seeking adrenaline junkies anymore! These days, indoor rock climbing gyms are popping up all over Metro Vancouver, making it easy for families to try their hand at this exciting and challenging sport. But why should your family give it a try? Here are 10 good reason to try this exciting sport and a list of gyms by city so you can find one close by.
Virtual reality is a pretty cool experience for kids, thanks to its interactive and visually stimulating nature. It lets kids get involved and participate in the experience, instead of just watching something happen. It can also be a fun and interactive way for kids to learn about different subjects, like virtual field trips for history, culture, and science.
30 Spring Break ACTIVITIES IN METRO VANCOUVER & sea to Sky
- Test yourself at the Ninja Gym
- Rise above the Canyon at The Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
- Tubing at Gnarly’s Tube Park brings out squeals of joy!
- Reach for the stars at the HR MacMillan Space centre
- Go below ground at the Britannia Mine Museum
- Stroll the Vandusen Gardens
- Release some adrenaline by Ziplining
- Rip it up at an Indoor Bike Park
- Be a tourist at home on the Vancouver hop-on-hop-off bus
- Explore the market on Granville Island
- Hiking trails in Metro Vancouver are free to visit.
- Learn about local indigenous traditions at the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre
- Take in the view & activities at Sea to Sky Gondola
- Soar over mountains & forests at FlyOver Canada
- Grab some binoculars and check out the best birding spots near Vancouver
- Strap on your skates for some Indoor skating
- Take Fido for a walk at one of Vancouver’s off-leash dog parks.
- Get into the thrill of the hunt with local geocaching
- Have a day on the farm at Maplewood Farm
- Escape the rain and enjoy the quiet at the Vancouver Art Gallery
- Develop a love of learning at Science World
- Dive into history at the Museum of Anthropology
- Set sail at the Vancouver Maritime Museum
- Enjoy a tropical paradise at The Bloedel Conservatory
- Play at indoor beach at 6 Pack Beach
- Spend the afternoon at one of the many indoor pools
- Graze your way along the dumpling trail
- Get a birds eye view of Vancouver
- Have tea with cats or rabbits
- Test your skills in an escape room
Enjoy this outside time together & let us know where you go!
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!