WELL FED

WELL FED FREEZER MEALS FOR BUSY FAMILIES

In Cool Finds, Evergreen, Food, by Healthy Family Living TeamLeave a Comment

At the end of a long day, we often find ourselves dreaming of having a personal chef. Someone who will fill our kitchen with healthy family favourites that we can just pop in the oven. And then we remember that we already DO have a personal chef of sorts - a freezer stocked by the lovely folks at Well Fed.  

This boutique food studio nestled in the heart of the beautiful North Vancouver mountains regularly grants our wish with meal solutions and inspiration for this time-starved family that still wants to eat well. All Well Fed freezer meals are full of high-quality, whole, preservative-free ingredients, and they’re happy to accommodate special dietary restrictions or food allergies. And our kids will actually EAT these meals...so it's a win, win for us!


With what they like to call ‘Lifestyle Eating’, the Well Fed menu follows the 80/20 rule. The majority of the meals (80%) focus on health: lean protein & nutrient-rich vegetables, like the chipotle chicken chili with black beans & sweet potato or the kid's favourite - triple cheese mac with butternut squash. The other 20% includes a bit of decadence as part of a well-rounded diet, like banana chocolate chip muffins. The Well Fed team believes that being well-fed means not just eating well, but living well too, and we're SO on board with that!

Each month they highlight seasonal local produce with new creative entrees and also carry some “favourites” like the baked penne pasta that’s on the menu all the time (always a hit with our kids). 

We keep our freezer stocked with Well Fed goodness for the busiest of family evenings or after those long days where we are just so tired and need a break, and you can too with delivery to your doorstep in Vancouver, Burnaby, and the North Shore. 



OUR fAVOURITES ON THE WELL FED MENU:

chicken lasagna with basil & tomato/cream sauce

Layers of lasagna noodles, chicken breast, ricotta cheese, fresh basil, parmesan and a sweet and rich tomato cream sauce combine to make this lasagna a hit.

new & improved! indian butter chickpea

Chickpeas in a silky, rich and flavourful Indian butter sauce.  This is a great introduction for anyone (especially kids) to the complex and delicious world of Indian food.

new! winter beef stew with root veggies

Comfort food at its best. Hearty, savoury beef stew in a tomato/wine sauce cooked with onions, squash,  and carrots. In the morning put it in the slow cooker, when you come home after work & dinner is ready!

chicken pot pie with phyllo crust

Comfort food at its best. Hearty, savoury beef stew in a tomato/wine sauce cooked with onions, squash,  and carrots. In the morning put it in the slow cooker, when you come home after work & dinner is ready!

meat lasagna

Now a regular favourite on our menu! Layers of fresh lasagne noodles, lean ground beef and sausage, luscious tomato sauce, and ricotta/mozzarella cheese. Fantastic and easy dinner that everyone will love.

triple cheese mac with butternut squash

We were listening. Make weeknights a breeze with this family-friendly delicious baked mac. Kids love this recipe and you will feel good about what they are eating with the addition of butternut squash.

banana bread

This is what we wish our banana bread was like! Made from scratch in house with good-for-you ingredients. Slice it up and treat yourself and your family! One loaf makes approx. 10 slices

chocolate zucchini muffins

6 bite-sized chocolate zucchini muffins ready for lunchboxes or after school snacks! Made from scratch and in-house with good-for-you ingredients

banana chocolate chip muffins

The perfect family treat and just the right size, not too big and not too small! 6 muffins per package

Leave a Comment