Beautiful colours pop and wasabi sparkles in this gorgeous and simple meal. Mayonnaise can be used to tone down the heat for younger taste buds. This meal is easy enough for everyday dinner but, pretty enough for fancy date nights. Serve with steamed or grilled vegetables, salad or rice.
BAKED SALMON WITH WASABI PANKO CRUST
- 4 6 oz salmon fillets
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared mild wasabi or wasabi mayonnaise We used a bottle of prepared wasabi that had just the right level of heat.
- plain mayonnaise to adjust the heat level
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper & set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the Panko bread crumbs and parsley. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture & mix gently with your fingers to coat.
- If desired, mix some mayonnaise with the wasabi to adjust the heat to your taste.
- Spread wasabi over each piece of fish to 1/4 inch thick.
- Top with a generous amount of panko crumbs.
- Transfer to the crusted fish to the baking dish.
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes until salmon is cooked. Be careful not to overcook the fish.
- Serve with steamed or grilled veggies & a wedge of lemon.
Co-founder of Healthy Family Media and the Healthy Family Expo, Kay is an adventurer & Ironman triathlete, as well as mum to an active 11-year-old. Originally from Montreal, she has been proud to call British Columbia home for over 15 years. Whether running, hiking & biking in the mountains or creating healthy meals in the kitchen, Kay is always up for something new. Her contagious enthusiasm & zest for life mean we’re never quite sure what she’ll be up to next, but we’re sure that it will be an amazing adventure!