Need a colourful meal to brighten your day or just looking for a quick & healthy dinner that the whole family can help with? Try this vegan, grain-free no-fuss sushi rolls.
The key here is to prep all your ingredients and lay them out. Once you are organized, this meal is child’s play to put together. In fact, this cauliflower sushi is so easy to make that it becomes a great family activity as well as dinner. Winning!!!
Share your pics on social with #HFLVancouver!
RAINBOW SUSHI WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 1 package Nori (seaweed sheets available in most grocery stores)
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Avocado
- Pickled Red cabbage (in the condiment or refrigerated section of the grocery store)
- 1 Mango peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 jar pickled ginger
- Wasabi powder prepared as per directions or prepared wasabi
- Serve with soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Remove any leaves and the core of the stem from the cauliflower.
- Using a box grater or the grater on a food processor, grate the cauliflower on the large grating size.
- Place the grated cauliflower in a large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until softened. ( you could also heat it in a frying pan on the stove)
- Peel and slice the mango and avocado & set aside.
- Place some prepared wasabi in a small bowl.
- Lay a sheet of nori down on a bamboo rolling mat with the long side facing you.
- Spoon some cauliflower along the middle from one side to the other
- Top the cauliflower with a few slices of mango & avocado then top with a small amount of cabbage.
- Add some pickled ginger and if you like some wasabi.
- Roll the sushi from the bottom edge up using the rolling mat to make sure that it is nice and tight.
- Set aside with the join faced down while you prep the rest of the rolls.
- Slice across each rolled nori to make 5-6 sushi rolls.
- Serve with wasabi, pickled ginger & your choice of soy sauce or coconut aminos
Co-founder of Healthy Family Media and the Healthy Family Expo, Kay is an adventurer & Ironman triathlete, as well as mum to an active 11-year-old. Originally from Montreal, she has been proud to call British Columbia home for over 15 years. Whether running, hiking & biking in the mountains or creating healthy meals in the kitchen, Kay is always up for something new. Her contagious enthusiasm & zest for life mean we’re never quite sure what she’ll be up to next, but we’re sure that it will be an amazing adventure!