Summer is the time for fun & treats but they don’t always have to be unhealthy! This Watermelon Pizza really hits the spot on a warm evening. The fruit is in it’s prime and the whole family can get in on the fun creating their perfect combinations. Watermelon also has special antioxidants in its red pigment that help the skin in the hot summer sun.
It really is the easiest dessert to create.
Anything goes! Whatever fruit you love can top your watermelon pizza creation. Try thinking outside the box, go local, and involve the kids to expand what fruits the will eat. Some of our favourites include locally picked strawberries, blackberries & blueberries. We also love sliced banana, dragon fruit, star fruit, kiwi, pineapple or mango. The sky’s the limit!
Our Favourite Watermelon Pizza Toppings
- Watermelon seedless is best
- sliced fruit of your choosing
- Your favourite berries
- Organic Greek or Balkan style vanilla yogurt thicker than regular yogurt
- lime zest
- Start by chilling your watermelon in the fridge until it is nice and cold.
- Slice the watermelon into 1 -1 1/2 inches thick full circles right through the middle. You can get many slices out of a watermelon. Use a larger melon for big sharing "pizzas" or the mini watermelon for personal size.
- Arrange the slice on a cutting board and spread a thick layer of yogurt to the edge of the watermelon slice to create the "sauce".
- Decorate with any fruit you like.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest for a finishing touch
- Slice into wedges and serve right away.
Co-founder of Healthy Family Media and the Healthy Family Expo, Kay is an adventurer & Ironman triathlete, as well as mum to an active 11-year-old. Originally from Montreal, she has been proud to call British Columbia home for over 15 years. Whether running, hiking & biking in the mountains or creating healthy meals in the kitchen, Kay is always up for something new. Her contagious enthusiasm & zest for life mean we’re never quite sure what she’ll be up to next, but we’re sure that it will be an amazing adventure!