When you need big flavour with minimal fuss, this salsa baked chicken dish delivers. With very little hands-on time, this dish is the perfect weeknight wonder! This chicken dish comes together in a jiffy and hits all the boxes for comfort, ease, & finger-licking goodness. We love that these are very few ingredients and the recipe is so easy that any member of the family can quickly put this meal together. The salsa develops a deep flavour as it bakes.
Add black beans, corn, olives, cilantro, jalapeno peppers.. whatever you like. What could be easier? All you have to do is layer the topping on to the chicken and bake. Serve with homemade guacamole.
Once you’ve tried Salsa baked chicken … try bruschetta chicken or pesto chicken.
Salsa Baked Chicken
- 3-4 boneless (skinless, chicken breasts)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh salsa (drain off excess liquid)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro (save 2 tbsp for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar mozzarella blend)
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Place chicken in an oiled baking dish & top garlic powder, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Spread the salsa over the chicken then follow with cheese
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and has reached an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Top with chopped cilantro or parsley & serve with guacamole or sour cream & a fresh salad.
Born & raised in Vancouver, and co-founder of Healthy Family Media and the Healthy Family Expo, Angela is a reformed divorce lawyer turned healthy family champion! By day, she thrives on connecting conscious brands with busy Vancouver families. By night, you’ll find her wrangling two feisty daughters, choosing between instant pot or healthy freezer meals for dinner, and singing with MomChoir. She especially loves sharing her favourite family-friendly finds with other Lower Mainland parents!