Some night you need an easy meal that uses mostly store-cupboard ingredients and that is going to hit all the comfort notes: warm, roasted & fragrant. This one-dish sheet pan dinner delivers on all of the above. We love that the prep and clean up are a breeze and that the warming flavours of apple, sweet potato and thyme were made for each other. The first time we made it, the kids ate the whole pan so next time added the potatoes to bulk up the volume. You could also double the recipe on two sheetpans!
Prep the ingredients & toss in oil on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
Bake & enjoy!
Sheet Pan Dinner with Sausage, Sweet Potato & Apple
- large sheet pan or cookie sheet
- 2 cups chopped sweet potato peeled
- 2 cups green apple diced don't peel
- 1 onion diced
- 1 - 2 cups chopped potatoes regular or tiny potatoes work well
- 300 g sausages honey garlic or bratwurst
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 clove sliced garlic (1 tsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Serve in a bowl as is or with cooked quinoa or rice.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Prep the fruit & veggies, cut the sausage into 1-2 inch pieces. Place all the veggies and sausage on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Toss everything with the oil & spices until evenly coated.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, removing from the oven to stir every 15 until vegetables are golden and the sausage is browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately topped with more thyme if desired.
- Enjoy with rice or quinoa or in a just bowl as is.
- Keeps well for meals during the week.
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!