Peanut butter ice cream sandwiches anyone? You don't have to ask us twice! Grab your favourite cookies and make this delicious, dairy-free dessert! Super easy & no utensils required.
This recipe calls for one of our favourite plant-based milks from Califia Farms. Smooth, naturally creamy, and right at home in your kitchen. We love that this Oat beverage has no gums or stabilizers, and is made from gluten-free oats that are grown in North America. We enjoy this Oat milk in our morning smoothies, but it's also delicious on its own, poured over cereal or granola, or used in a wide variety of recipes! Califia Farms Oat beverage is so versatile you’ll drink it faster than you can spell O-A-T.
PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Grab your favourite cookies and make this delicious, dairy-free dessert!
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in water for 5-8 hours
- 14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup Califia Farms Oat Beverage
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Cookies of choice
- Soak cashews in water for 5-8 hours or overnight, until cashews have softened.
- Drain cashews and add to a blender or food processor. Add canned coconut milk, Califia Farms Oat Beverage, maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Blend for 3-4 minutes, until thick and smooth.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 6 hours.
- Grab two cookies and scoop ice cream onto one cookie. Place the other cookie on top to create an ice cream cookie sandwich. Enjoy!
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!