Get ready to fall in love with a twist on a classic treat that'll have your kitchen smelling like autumn heaven. Plant-based pumpkin cinnamon buns are the ultimate cozy comfort food, perfect for both satisfying those sweet cravings and sneaking some veggies into your family's diet. These swirls of cinnamon-spiced goodness are made with wholesome, plant-powered ingredients, and the star of the show? Pumpkin! It adds a delightful autumn twist and a dash of nutrition. So, if you're on the hunt for a fun and healthy food idea that'll have your family gathering 'round the table with smiles, let's dive into this scrumptious recipe!
These delicious Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls use Califia Pumpkin Spice Oat Barista and vegan puff pastry and require no rise time, so you can knock them out with one hour and 7 just ingredients.
Pumpkin Spice Oat Barista Blend is your shortcut to creamy, dreamy Pumpkin Spice Lattes at home. Just steam & froth this luscious blend, and you've got yourself a cozy, healthy treat that'll make your mornings feel like a warm, spiced hug. The rich autumn flavours come from simple, plant-based ingredients including real pumpkin puree & spices. Just steam or froth and add to espresso. Enjoy! We love that Califia makes sure their products perform in the kitchen no matter what we’re making, baking or blending. The plant-based possibilities are endless!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Glazed fall-inspired cinnamon rolls ready in an hour!
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 vegan puff pastry sheet, thawed but still cold
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Oat Barista Blend
- Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a 9x16’’ baking dish
- To a small bowl, add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and mix together until smooth. Set aside
- Unwrap one of the puff pastry sheets and place on a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to gently roll out to a 10x12’’ rectangle. Arrange the sheet with the widest side closest to you, then brush the puff pastry with half of the melted butter, leaving a ½ inch border with no butter on the side furthest from you
- Spread half of the pumpkin filling over the butter, again leaving a ½ border at the edge
- Beginning with the side closest to you, carefully roll the dough upwards lengthwise. Press the edge into the roll slightly to seal, then using a serrated knife, cut into 6 equal pieces and place into the prepared baking dish
- Repeat this process for the second sheet of puff pastry. Bake for 25-30 min, or until the rolls are golden brown and cooked though. Remove from the oven to cool slightly
- For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of the Pumpkin Spice Oat Barista Blend together until a thick, yet pourable glaze forms. Add remaining ½ tablespoon if needed
- Pour the glaze over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy while warm!
Califia Farms (pronounced "Cal-uh-FEE-ahh" like California) is on a mission to nourish the world with the wisdom of a plant-based lifestyle. The company creates innovative, healthy, and great-tasting premium beverages that make it easy for consumers to go plant-based and dairy-free, without compromise.
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!