Breakfast feeling a little flat? Looking for a new way to roll into the morning? All puns aside, you will not believe how yummy these Pancake Roll-ups are! Follow this simple recipe and you will have the morning all wrapped up... sorry we couldn't help it!
These recipe calls for pancake roll-ups call for Good Good Sweet Strawberry Spread but you could use any of their other fruity flavours such as blueberry, raspberry, apricot, black currant, concord grape or forest fruits... they are all delicious! We love to add an extra kick with a drizzle of Choco Hazel Spread. All Good Good spreads use only natural occurring sugars from real fruits so their low-calorie fruit spreads have the same sweet taste without the added sugar.
PANCAKE ROLL-UPS WITH STRAWBERRY JAM
An easy extra special start to the day!
Makes 3-4 servings.
- 2 cups Pancake Mix
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar Strawberry Jam
- ½ cup strawberries (cleaned, hulled & cut into quarters)
- In a large mixing bowl, add Pancake Mix, along water and vanilla extract, whisk to a smooth batter consistency.
- Heat a non-stick griddle over medium heat, add a teaspoon of butter and let it melt.
- Pour ½ cup of pancake batter over heated griddle, cook until golden brown and flip to other side using spatula and let it cook for a minute or so. This pancake should be larger than the regular pancakes.
- Place a small clean kitchen towel ready over a plate. Once the pancake is cooked, transfer it to the kitchen towel. Gently roll the pancakes along with the towel and let it set for few minutes until the next pancake is ready. (This helps to maintain the shape of rolled pancake!)
- Repeat the pancakes with remaining batter and follow the same instructions with the kitchen towel.
- Once the pancake is cool enough to handle, fill the rolled pancakes with Strawberry Jam. Place the rolled pancakes in a plate with strawberries and serve.
- Make the pancakes bigger than the regular size. 8-inch skillet/ griddle should be enough, just use ½ cup of batter and spread a little.
- Use fresh & clean kitchen towel to roll the pancakes.
- The rolling should be done when the pancakes are hot, so that it retains its shape.
Wondering what to do with the kids in Metro Vancouver this weekend, or what to make for dinner? You can find it at HealthyFamilyLiving.com! From the Sunshine Coast to the Fraser Valley, we’re the best online resource for busy parents looking for practical tips for healthy, active, sustainable living. For the latest on family events, outdoor adventures, birthday parties, camps & classes and kid-approved recipes, follow us on Facebook and sign-up for our parent-approved e-newsletter!